The EEB Working Group on Agriculture works on issues related to the Common Agriculture Policy (CAP). It consists of members of the EEB who have an interest in agriculture, in particular CAP reform. They come together in the working group to reinforce environmental NGOs' influence in the political process by sharing knowledge on the state of the policy at national level, relevant intelligence and scientific evidence.
Topics of interest to the group include (inter alia):
- Mid-term review of the CAP 2014-2020 and Reform post-2020
- Implementation of Rural development 2014-2020/Reform post-2020
- Implementation of Rural Development 2014-2020
- Sustainable Food and Farming
The EEB Working Group on Agriculture meets twice a year and is coordinated by the Agriculture and Bioenergy Senior Policy Officer Faustine Bas-Defossez. An enlarged conference is organised once a year at the same time as the Working Group.
In 2015 the EEB Agriculture Working Group met twice and will meet twice again in 2016.
- February 2, 2017
- Urgent need for fundamental reform of EU food and farming policy – debate kicks off
- November 29, 2016
- Greening measure to protect nature on farms will be environmentally ineffective, new study shows
- September 21, 2016
- One step closer to much-needed scrutiny of EU farm policy
- November 10, 2016
- Letter to Commissioner Hogan on meat consumption concerns