Biodiversity & nature
Our planet has not witnessed such a loss of species diversity since the last major extinction which wiped out the dinosaurs. The major causes of this loss are our high demand for natural resources and excessive levels of pollution due to our production and consumption patterns. The EU, for example, uses the equivalent natural resources of 2.5 planet earths.
This is not only a problem because of the intrinsic value of biodiversity. The continued loss poses a direct threat to every person on this planet due to the vital materials and services it provides, such as clean water and air and the food we eat.
- April 27, 2017
- Success of EC's new nature plan will hinge on further action to tackle drivers of biodiversity loss
- March 23, 2017
- Green Shoots for Rewilding
- February 2, 2017
- Lack of scrutiny over future developments' impact on protected areas
- October 18, 2016
- EEB Actions for Nature Conference 14 September 2016 - Report
- September 14, 2016
- The Laws of Nature
- August 30, 2016
- Open letter - Green 10 priorities for Bratislava Informal Summit